Internet of Things and Services
Lecture (Students of Informatics after Bachelor/Vordiplom)
Winter Semester 2018/19
Thursday, 16:00-18:00, ZEI-building 001 - https://campus.tum.de/tumonline/wbRaum.editRaum?pRaumNr=65318 (lectures)
Friday, 14:00-16:00, MI Hörsaal 2 [00.04.011] - https://campus.tum.de/tumonline/wbRaum.editRaum?pRaumNr=16238 (labs)
Max. Number of participants
|Office hours||By agreement|
|Prerequisites||Lecture "Computer networks and Distributed Systems" or similar|
|Remark||It is strongly recommended to attend the exercises.|
- The lecture on Thursday, Nov 1st will not take place (public holiday).
- The lecture on Thursday, Nov 8th is cancelled.
- On Friday, Nov 9th, there will be a lecture session instead of a lab session at 14:15-15:45 in MI Hörsaal 2 [00.04.011] (the room of the lab sessions).
- The lecture on Thursday, Nov 22nd is cancelled.
- The lecture on Thursday, Nov 29th will take place in Room 5507.03.707, Boltzmannstr. 15, Maschinenbau!
- The lab session on Friday, Dec 7th will take place in room 01.11.018 (Konrad Suze) in the Mathematics-Informatics building.
Contents of the lecture
The notion of the Internet of Things refers to pervasive devices (i.e. the "Things"), which are increasingly networked and connected to the Internet. These devices can act as sensors or actuators can interact with other devices, e.g. including mobile phones, and with the global Internet. While these devices are very limited in computing power and energy, many new technologies have been developed which make it possible to use standards like IPv6 and Java on such limited devices. The lecture will cover these new technologies and novel applications of the Internet of Things, including networking technology as well as software development for the Internet of Things.
- Introduction to Internet of Things
- Application Areas
- Requirements (energy, CPU power)
- System architecture
- Connecting Things
- Network architecture
- Physical layer, e. g. IEEE 802.15.4, Bluetooth
- Protocols for Internet of things
- IPv6 Adaptation layer
- Programming Things
- Sensor programming and execution model
- The Web of Things
- REST Architecture
- Mashup-Tools for service creation
- Cloud and Big Data for Internet of Things
- Big Data Pipelines
- Big Data processing and data analysis
- IoT Cloud Platforms